Winter Scene Hurricane
- Hurricane Lampshade
- Krylon Frosting Spray
- Laminating Sheet
- Fine-Tipped Paintbrush
- Liquidex Glosses Paints (for glass) Green, Red, Orange, White, Black
- Snow Tex
- 5 3/4" Glass Candle Base by Darice item #2609-60
- 3" x 4" Pillar Candle, White or Ivory
- Clean the surface of your hurricane lampshade with a paper towel.
- On the lamination sheet trace an oval shape approximately 2 1/2" x 3"
- Cut out and place on to your hurricane lampshade
- Place it on the wider portion of the hurricane with the longer part of the oval-shape
going across left to right.
- Once you have centered your mask on to your hurricane, use your fingernails to secure it.
- In a well-ventilated area spray the krylon frosting spray on the hurricane.
- Wait 20-30 minutes to allow the hurricane to dry and repeat step 4.
- The lamination sheet will have hardened from the spray and should come off with your fingernails
If it does not, use a knife, gently, to seperate the masking from the glass.
- In the masked, clear area, use a fine-tipped paint brush and white paint to paint dots
that look as if snow is falling. Let Dry.
- Then paint the lower edge between the frosted area and the clear area white to make
ground where the snow has fallen.
- Let dry and paint the snowman's body white by making three circles and filling them in.
- Once all the white paint is dry, you can add accents to your snowman.
- Use orange paint for his nose. Start the brush from the center of his face and move right
so that the nose looks like a carrot.
- Add the black accents, Paint on two black dots for eyes, and three black dots for his mouth.
- For his arms, use the black paint once again and paint twigs coming from his torso.
- For the other accents on the snowman use the red or green and your imagination.
- Apply the Snow Tex on top of the white paint, which is to look like fallen snow.
- Put it on thick all over thia area and use the paint brush to create peaks in the "snow". Let Dry.
© 2001 Promotions Unlimited
All Rights Reserved.
087601 Racine, WI 53408
Phone: (262) 681-7000 Fax: (262) 681-7001